I’ve got a few posts sitting in draft, almost finished, but I can’t bring myself to finish any of them right now. So here we go with a brain dump, motherhood version.
- I’m only 4 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight but my jeans aren’t even close to fitting. My hips are huge. I decided that I’m buying new jeans at the end of February, no matter what. Yoga pants and maternity jeans are getting old.
- I went to baby yoga and M needed to nurse. Then I realized I forgot to put in nursing pads. I leak—a LOT. I needed something, or my shirt would have been soaked, so I used a baby hat as my nursing pad. I got several weird looks from people. Whatevs.
- M took a bottle every so often and she did a great job of it. Last week she decided bottles are not mommy and she’s been refusing them. We’ve made a little progress this week—she took an ounce without freaking out too much. We ordered a bottle that looks like a boob and will be trying it tonight. Cross your fingers she likes it, we are running out of ideas. She doesn’t need to take a bottle too often, and if she continues to have a hard time with it, we may try a sippy cup with breastmilk super early (around 4.5-5 months). That was suggested from a lactation consultant.
- We took M to 2 wineries last weekend. It was fun, I had a little wine, but it was a lot of work. If she’s with us, it’s definitely not as relaxing as it once was.
- I haven’t had a haircut since May. I’m finally getting a chop tomorrow. It’s long and damaged, and I can’t wait for a cut. I’m only getting a few inches cut off, but I know it will make a huge difference.
- We started cloth diapering about 50% of the time now that M is a little bigger–we don’t have enough diapers to do it full time yet. So far I like Alva baby Velcro Newborns (but she will be out of those soon), Swaddlebees Pocket Diapers, and Bumimis Covers with a Thirsties Insert. We will buy more next month once we decide what we like best.
- We are taking M on a 4.5 hour road trip this weekend. Wish us luck! I’ve been making a list of what to bring and it’s long…and I’m sure I will forget something.
- Why are most nursing tops so ugly? I wanted to buy a few more since I find them easier than wearing my regular shirts but most are very matronly and ugly.
That’s about it for the moment. Lets see if I can finish up some real posts this weekend